In a recent video podcast project collboratively done by three other students and me in my EDM 310 class, we highlighted a few websites on which teachers can post video (vodcasts) and/or audio podcasts. That video, which includes a portion on iTunes University (iTunes U), may be viewed here:
I'm still very new to iTunes; however, it has not been difficult familiarizing myself with its uses and navigating its many features. ITunes U can be used as a great tool for both teachers and students, even if they have no intentions to ever publish their own podcasts. There are many colleges and universities that issue their own regular podcasts. Some share specific lessons, others provide general information about the universities themselves or the respective colleges comprising them. For example, the dental school at the University of Michigan has its own podcast.
David Hopkins created a presentation about the uses of iTunes. For the teacher and student, who both are known for their financial deficiences, iTunes is great because it is all free; that's right, free. So, while attending school, or long after completing school, at iTunes U everyone can access academia freely--just without all the homework.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I would have combed my hair if I had realized I would be in your blog!
ReplyDeleteiTunesU comes to South this spring. And "it is all free; that's right, free. " You sound like me!